About the PBA of NYS
Established in 2011, the Police Benevolent Association of New York State (PBA of New York State), is a law enforcement labor union representing the interests of approximately 1,200 members of the New York State Agency Police Services Unit (APSU).
The PBA of New York State is the exclusive bargaining agent for the New York State University (SUNY) Police, the New York State Environmental Conservation Police, the New York State Park Police, and the New York State Forest Rangers. Our members police and protect New York State’s public universities and colleges; state parks and historic sites; and they enforce state laws and protect our lands and forests and ensure environmental safety and quality throughout the state.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose and objectives of this Association shall be as follows:
- To insure that the protection of our Police Officers’ rights and freedoms are preserved;
- To study police problems in general, particularly those pertaining to all members of the Association, and to utilize all legal means to bring about a solution to these problems;
- To promote a friendly spirit among all Police Officers and to help them in any way that is not contrary and detrimental to the By-Laws of this Association and to give aid, assistance, and support to Police Officers and police organizations whenever possible;
- To elevate moral, intellectual and social conditions of its members and to promote good will among children so they may become better citizens;
- To encourage, propose and support legislation for the betterment of working conditions and to oppose legislation detrimental to Police Officers;
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of New York.
- To negotiate, provide support and implement the collective bargaining agreement of the members of the PBA.
- To provide legal, staff and support services to the members of the PBA as the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE deem appropriate.
- EnCon Officers and Forest Rangers Team Up In Search For The Missing Hunter In The Adirondacks
- PBA of NYS Board Elects Peter Barry President
- The PBA of NYS Seeks Standardized Training and More Equipment for NYS University Police Officers
- PBA of NYS Law Enforcement: Tarantino’s Speech Was Irresponsible
- Officer Randolph Holder
- University at Buffalo Police Officers Involved in a Joint Investigation
- Round the Clock Drunk Bus between UB Campuses Needs to be Shut Down
- Union Boss Bristles at Cuomo’s Critique of Campus Cops