About the PBA of NYS
Established in 2011, the Police Benevolent Association of New York State (PBA of New York State), is a law enforcement labor union representing the interests of approximately 1,200 members of the New York State Agency Police Services Unit (APSU).
The PBA of New York State is the exclusive bargaining agent for the New York State University (SUNY) Police, the New York State Environmental Conservation Police, the New York State Park Police, and the New York State Forest Rangers. Our members police and protect New York State’s public universities and colleges; state parks and historic sites; and they enforce state laws and protect our lands and forests and ensure environmental safety and quality throughout the state.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose and objectives of this Association shall be as follows:
- To insure that the protection of our Police Officers’ rights and freedoms are preserved;
- To study police problems in general, particularly those pertaining to all members of the Association, and to utilize all legal means to bring about a solution to these problems;
- To promote a friendly spirit among all Police Officers and to help them in any way that is not contrary and detrimental to the By-Laws of this Association and to give aid, assistance, and support to Police Officers and police organizations whenever possible;
- To elevate moral, intellectual and social conditions of its members and to promote good will among children so they may become better citizens;
- To encourage, propose and support legislation for the betterment of working conditions and to oppose legislation detrimental to Police Officers;
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of New York.
- To negotiate, provide support and implement the collective bargaining agreement of the members of the PBA.
- To provide legal, staff and support services to the members of the PBA as the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE deem appropriate.
- PBA of NYS Law Enforcement Officials Will Testify at Today’s Public Protection Hearing
- Acting DA Singas & DEC Announce Arrest of Seafood Marketer
- Training Law Enforcement to Identify Overdose and Use Naloxone
- Canadian Hiking Couple Rescued by Forest Rangers Following Overnight Search on Mt. Marcy
- DEC Forest Rangers Rescue a Boy Scout and Two Injured Snowmobilers in the Adirondacks
- Equal Status on Pensions Pushed for SUNY Cops
- Testimonies In Support of the SUNY Pension Equality Bill
- PBA of NYS Law Enforcement Acknowledges Chancellor Zimpher’s Support for SUNY Police Pension Reform